Thursday, January 6, 2011

NOT GOING THROUGH THIS FOR NOTHING

Paul talks about "For our light affliction.." (2 Corinthians 4:17)..I think he is hitting at an idea that we all battle with and that is how do I deal with the now, when I believe my future is brighter and greater. On the way to that wonderful thought, we tend to evaluate every step we make to ensure that progress is being made. Sometimes things are not happening, they are preparing to happen. One of the skills to learn in managing our faith walk and life, is that we are always in preparation for something. Genesis 8:22 helps us see that there are only two states we exist in. Either we live in seed time or harvest. When I am not sowing, I am reaping. The benefit for me is knowing that when I am not reaping that is the next thing that is about to happen. All of what we go through is light affliction because it prepares us for greater things. Sometimes it does not make sense until you get to the step, but it is getting you ready.
Peace be multiplied!
PJ

No comments:

Post a Comment