Friday, January 7, 2011

WALK WITH HIM - Today's Thought is Remember!

I remember the day. I remember the call. I remember the voice. I remember the silence. I remember how long I wrestled with the call before accepting what I am persuaded was God’s will. What is even more of a struggle is having no idea what His will is? But accepting it anyhow. Now I know that knowing God is vital. When you discover what He re­quires of you it calms your initial fears during the early stages of your walk with God in ministry. Did I always know? I be­lieve not. And yet there was always a willingness to serve Him in some way. I remember possessing a true love for worship in my youth. I was gifted to play the piano long be­fore I was tall enough to sit on a chair. I would teach myself to play tunes by stretching my little arms to reach the piano keys and pick out the melody of hymns I had been taught in Sunday school, or by my parents. My father would teach all of us hymns to sing in the Church. I remember the words to the hymn “Be Still My Soul” like it was yesterday.




It’s funny how God reminds you of particular incidents in your life, which clarify His presence with you even before your ministry is manifested in later years. When you take the time to wander back through your life you discover what you share with individuals today is the sum total of each and every experience in which God has permitted you to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment